Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Imagination

The other day, I watched a wonderful movie that reminded me of the importance of using our imaginations. It was called The Magic of Belle Island.

A crotchety old author moved to the Island to drink away the rest of his days in bitterness and disappointment His neighbors, a newly divorced mother and her three daughters changed all of that for him.  His impact on  their lives was powerful as well.

One of the girls had a vivid imagination, but she was not aware of her gift. She wanted to learn from the author how to tell a story. He reluctantly became her mentor. And as often happens, the teacher becomes the student. They both learned from each other about life, love and how to tell a story. It was very inspiring.

The process of Transcendent Art takes some imagination. One of the great joys of my life is painting and telling stories to go with the paintings.  I love to imagine different scenes that reside outside of my view. I can spin a tale about  unseen places and get away from the cares of the world for a few moments.

They are stolen moments that come with much peace and joy for me. And my  hope for anyone viewing them and listening to the story will come away with a new perspective, relaxed and hopeful for the future.  Please join me on this imaginative journey. A sample is available in the Gallery section of my website, www.drjuliette.com

1 comment:

Judy Hartman said...

Your paintings do have a way of transporting us to another world, Julie. These stolen moments are truly a meditative escape from the worries of the day, a chance to be refreshed and renewed.
I love that you are using your painting as a way of helping others. Your images are so beautiful!